Credit Transfer is the recognition of learning achieved through formal education and training. Under the Standards for Registered Training Organisations, qualifications and statements of attainment issued by any RTO are to be accepted and recognised by all other RTOs. Credit transfer allows the unit of competency previously achieved by a student to be recognised when they are enrolling in a related course, where those units can assist them in meeting the requirements for a qualification. It is important to note that credit transfer is not recognition of prior learning (RPL). RPL is assessment and is addressed within the Recognition policy.
If the student believes that they have already attained units of competence from the BSB50215-Diploma of Business, they are encouraged to inform Australian Skills Academy Pty. Ltd. during the application process and provide originals or verified copies of the relevant qualification(s)/ Statement of Attainment by a Justice of Peace (or equivalent).
The following guidelines are to be followed when an application for credit transfer is received:
- Any student is entitled to apply for credit transfer in a course or qualification in which they are currently enrolled.
- Students may not apply for credit transfer for units of competency or qualification which are not included in our scope of registration.
- The student does not incur any fees for credit transfer and we do not receive any funding when credit transfer is granted.
- Credit transfer may only be awarded for whole units of competency. Where a mapping guide identifies a partial credit, this will not be considered for credit transfer and the applicant will be advised to seek RPL.
- Credit transfer will only be issued when the student’s enrolment includes at least one other unit of competency for which the student is participating in training or is seeking recognition. A student may not enrol only for credit transfer.
- The recognition of a unit of competency under a credit transfer arrangement is not contingent on the applicant demonstrating their currency. If the unit has been previously awarded and equivalence can be demonstrated, then the unit can be recognised. The currency of the applicant is not a factor to be considered.
- A student may complete the Credit Transfer Applicationform and send to Administrative Officer, Email: email@example.com.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
In accordance with the requirements of the VET Quality Framework, Australian Skills Academy Pty. Ltd. provides the opportunity for students to apply to have prior learning, skills and knowledge recognised, and counted in relation to the qualification or units of competence for which they are enrolled.
What is recognition?
Recognition involves the assessment of previously unrecognised skills and knowledge that an individual has achieved outside the formal education and training system. The recognition process assesses the existing skills and knowledge against the requirements of a unit of competence, in respect of both entry requirements and outcomes to be achieved. By removing the need for duplication of learning, recognition encourages an individual to continue upgrading their skills and knowledge through structured education and training towards formal qualifications and improved employment outcomes. This has benefits for the individual and industry. Most importantly, it should be noted that recognition is just another form of assessment.
The following guidelines are to be followed when an application for recognition is received:
- Any student is entitled to apply for recognition in a course or qualification in which they are currently enrolled.
- Students may not apply for recognition for units of competency or qualification which are not included in Australian Skills Academy Pty. Ltd. ‘scope of registration.
- Students who have previously failed a module/competency will not be considered for RPL unless their application is supported by further documentation.
- Students who are currently enrolled in a training program are eligible to apply for recognition in that program at no additional charge.
- Assessment via recognition is to apply the principles of assessment and the rules of evidence.
- Recognition may only be awarded for whole units of competency.
Note: Domestic students are encouraged to apply for RPL before commencing the training program by providing all the relevant documents.