- BSB41419 - Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
Work health and safety (WHS) legislation in Australia aims to prevent injury and disease to persons in the workplace. State, Territory or Commonwealth legislation applies.
Importantly, several Australian jurisdictions have ‘harmonised’ their legislation from 2012. Harmonised legislation means that each jurisdiction enacts its own legislation, but the legislation is as much alike as possible in its provisions.
Common to all WHS legislation in Australia are the following features:
- support for WHS in the workplace
- provision of systems of work that are safe and without risk to health
- prevention of injury and disease through the elimination or minimisation of risks
- protection of the general public’s safety and health
- workplace representation, consultation, co-operation and issue resolution
Trainers and assessors may refer to the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science for a listing of the various WHS legislation and codes of practice by State and Territory.
This qualification is designed for individuals who work within a wide variety of WHS contexts as a Work Health and Safety Practitioner.
LET'S GET STARTED
Take the next step and enquire today at email@example.com.
One of our course advisors will answer any questions and can give you up to date course information, possible career pathways, study and payment options.